Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Tote

I finally completed something which was on my list for a very looooong while. I had started this project way back in July last year. I had blogged about it here. It is a tote and was almost done, but not complete until two days back.



For the body of the tote I used thick maroon yarn. I did the modified shell stitch (as in my Big Pink Blanket). This stitch gives the bag a chunky look.





For the mouth of the tote, I used thin black yarn and single crochet stitches to make it firm and strong.





For the handle of the tote, I used it from an old handbag and did spaced single crochet stitches way around the belt.



I took the tote out with me over the weekend and am extremely pleased with the result. I may add a zipper or button to the tote mouth some time later.

No comments: