Thursday, September 1, 2011

Decorative Flower Hanging

It is a long time since I updated anything on my craft progress. Today I am sharing a crochet project I completed some time back (almost two months back). I was too lazy to upload the pictures.


Well, the project is a decorative flower hanging. This has been going on in my mind since a long time. Remember the flowers I was making some time back? Okay, when the number of flowers grew, I thought of using those for this project.


The project started with making the required number of flowers.




Then I sewed the edges together of two flowers with plastic twine leaving a little opening.




Stuffed in a little bit of cotton to give it dimensions.




Then sewed the remaining of the edges.








Then using June's icord tutorial, I created icords to join the flowers. Well, I must say that I loved the icord tutorial and its use. I found this tutorial right in time when I was thinking of ways to connect the flowers. The icord is sturdy, can be made as thick as you want, and holds the flowers in place without letting it twist and turn all the time. Go and check out her neat video of the tutorial.


After the icords were made, I joined the flowers and finally the flower hanging was completed.



The flowers, because of the weight, are not in the actual shape now. But still the colours are pretty. The best part is that it is hung right above our bed and I enjoy watching the colours every time I lie down.





To the end of the hanging I attached a small bell also. Simply. Me and hubby, there is not a day, when we are not ringing this bell. It is simply nice. :-)



Hope you enjoyed the project. I know that the pictures are not that great. But again, I AM LAZY :-)


Let me go and finish my biscuits.


4 comments:

Susana said...

Hola. Que bonito te ha quedado el colgante de flores.
Un saludo.

Resmi... said...

@ Susana: Thanks :-)

Ninu said...

I loved this! its cute..is green your all time fav colour? I see a lot of it.

Resmi... said...

Hi Ninu, Thanks for the comment! Green is my husband's fav color. He usually helps me while choosing yarn from the huge piles, and do often pull out the greens ;-)